NSS Chapter Project and Events Committees
About the NSS Chapter Project and Events Committee (PEC)
- This committee is charged with the responsibility of keeping the lines of communication open between chapters and the National Space Society at large. This committee acquires information from all NSS Chapters who initiate as well as participate in public policy, education outreach and similar venues to promote human spaceflight, space exploration and space settlement. Once this information is collected, it is placed on the NSS Chapter Project and Events website (currently under construction) in which all NSS Chapters, NSS affiliate organizations and the general public can view.
- The NSS Chapter Project and Events Committee will report to the NSS Board through the Chapters Committee.
- This committee shall be comprised of board members who volunteer their services to the committee, regional board members, and appointed members from the NSS Chapter Community who are willing to serve in established Committee posts in order to conduct the business of the committee. Appointments are subject to the approval of the NSS Chapter Project and Events Coordinator, Veronica Ann Zabala-Aliberto.
- The Chair of this committee is the NSS Chapter Project and Events Coordinator, Veronica Ann Zabala-Aliberto.
As of January 1, 2007, the NSS Vice President for Chapters is Candace Pankanin and the following PEC officers have been appointed:
- PEC Chair: Veronica Ann Zabala-Aliberto
- PEC Assistant Chair: open
- PEC Secretary: open
- International Chapters PEC Coordinator: Michael James
- U.S. Chapters PEC Coordinator:
- PEC Resources Coordinator: open
- PEC Internet Coordinators: Veronica Ann Zabala-Aliberto and Ronnie Lajoie
Information needed from each NSS Chapter in order to put YOUR Chapter Event / Project information on an NSS Chapter Project and Events web page:
Chapter Contact (full name, e-mail)
PR received for project
Please indicate if this is a “Project” or an “Event” as well s the date(s) these take place.
To make YOUR NSS Chapter Project and Events Committee successful for 2007 and beyond, please make sure you check out the NSS Chapter Resource website located at: http://chapters.nss.org/a/nss_resources.shtml
For additional information about the NSS Chapter Project and Events Committee please contact Veronica Ann Zabala-Aliberto