NSS Chapters Committee
About the Chapters Committee
- This committee is charged with the responsibility of fostering productive relations between chapters and between chapters and the National Space Society at large. The committee monitors programs for and of chapters and makes recommendations on projects and programs to serve the mutual interests of NSS and its chapters.
- The Chapters’ Assembly will report to the NSS Board through the Chapters Committee.
- This committee shall be comprised of board members who volunteer their services to the committee, regional board members, and appointed members from the chapters’ community who are willing to serve in established committee posts established to conduct the business of the committee. Appointments are subject to the approval of the NSS Executive Committee.
- The Chair of this committee is the NSS Vice President of Chapters.
We are currently operating under the 2001 Chapters Committee Bylaws.Committee Members
As of November 16, 2006 the NSS Vice President of Chapters is Candace Pankanin and the following committee officers have been appointed:
- Chair: Candace Pankanin
- Chapters Assembly Representative: Thomas Koszoru
- Advisor and Facilitator: Larry Ahearn
- Secretary: Arthur Smith
- International Chapters Coordinator: Michael James
- U.S. Chapters Coordinator: Bennett Rutledge
- Projects and Events Coordinator: Veronica Ann Zabala-Aliberto
- Resources Coordinator: Dale Grady
- Internet Coordinator: Ronnie Lajoie
- David Stuart
The general membership of the committee also includes the following individuals:
Jim Spellman, Bryce Walden, Claire McMurray, George Howard, Harry Reed, Elaine Walker, Craig Ward, John Strickland, Bill Higgins, Mike Fulda, Don Doughty, Mark Hopkins, Greg Allison and Bruce Mackenzie, Fred Becker, Peter Kokh
For additional information about the Chapters Committee, please contact Candace Pankanin