Japanese H-IIB Rocket on the Pad at Tanegashima Space Center
Image Credit: JAXA TV
At 8:00 AM Japan Standard Time (JST) (1700 UTC), the H-IIB launcher was quietly counting down toward liftoff, currently scheduled for 7:06 PM Phoenix time (0206 UTC 21 July, 11:06 AM JST).
You can find updates at the JAXA web site, or follow the launch live on NASA TV, beginning at 6:15 PM Phoenix time.
We are now at T-2 Hours until launch.
The cargo loaded aboard Kounitori-3 includes:
1.1 metric tons of unpressurized cargo for the Kibo Exposed Facility (EF)
- Multi-mission Consolidated Equipment (MCE)
- NASA’s Space Communications and Navigation Testbed (SCAN Testbed)
3.5 metric tons of pressurized cargo
- Aquatic Habitat (AQH)
- JEM-Small Satellite Orbital Deployer (J-SSOD) and five small satellites (CubeSats)
- Re-entry Data Recorder (i-Ball), ReEntry Breakup Recorder (REBR)
- Catalytic Reactor (ORU, a part of water processing system)
- Kibo’s coolant water circulation pump
- Food and other daily necessities for the ISS astronauts